If you are thinking which could be the next wonderful destination for your vacations, why not consider multiple destinations with the same trip? This and another greater features you could experience by sailing around the globe. So, here are the most enjoyable and amazing cruise travels for helping you to decide your next adventure.
But first, let´s take a look at some of the advantages that cruise traveling can offer you:
- Great value: with one same fare you get accommodation, food and drinks, travel on the seas and a whole world of activities and entertainment, just be sure to read all the terms and conditions of the plan you are buying, nobody likes to get less than the expected.
- Multiple destinations: you can save more money by visiting, for example, several Caribbean islands by cruise than choosing separated transportation. Also, you can get to know more spots in less time and probably one of the best parts is that you can save some fees, paperwork or even visas.
- Cruise ships are floating cities: you won´t miss anything sailing in the middle of nowhere, on the ships you have restaurants, pools, bars, stores, spas, casinos, dancehalls and even more than expected.
- Cruise vacations are easy to plan: if you are an easy-going person and you want to travel without worries, a cruise trip is perfect for you, they have scheduled a large list of nice onboard activities and awesome port destinations so you just need to choose and enjoy.
- They are for everyone: you can travel with the entire family or you can find the love of your life by getting on a singles cruise.
The best 7 cruise destinations around the globe
1. Galapagos Islands
Probably one you didn´t expect, right? Besides everything we have mentioned of cruise trips, this is something totally different, designed for people who loves nature at its pure wildness, because this destination has a huge amount of endemic species which could amaze anyone (Charles Darwin included), from sea lions or tropical penguins to some of the biggest and oldest tortoises on Earth. The Galapagos is an archipelago of volcanic islands located in the west of the Republic of Ecuador.
2. The Caribbean
After an unusual cruise destination, let’s continue this list with the most popular travel on big boats: the Caribbean islands. The location of the islands makes them a unique paradise with perfect weather, crystal seawater, soft and clear sand, and a special contagious happy mood of the Caribbean people… and all of these you can have it practically the whole year.
The main ports for departures are situated at Florida, USA, and you could choose between the different common tours:
- Eastern Caribbean which can include Antigua, Barbados, St Kitts, Saint Lucia.
- Western Caribbean which can include Cayman Islands, Jamaica, Belize, Mexico.
- Southern Caribbean which can include Aruba, Trinidad & Tobago, Curaçao, Bonaire.
3. Africa and Egypt
This trip has a big range of levels, starting at the northern hemisphere with the historically magnificent Egypt, passing through the real interesting Morocco until getting to the southern hemisphere with the South African stunning mix of civilization and wild animal encounters.
Imagine traveling through emblematic rivers such as the Nile River, the Suez Canal or the Chobe River to visit the Pyramids of Giza, the Sahara Desert, the Casablanca´s Hassan II Mosque or the breathtaking city of Cape Town.
Just by sitting on your cruise seat you are going to enjoy exceptional natural scenery with mountains, glaciers (around 100,000), lakes, beautiful animals and special green tones of vegetation. You could relive the gold fever visiting the Alaskan metal mines, some of them working since the fever days until now. And a special activity is the majestic Humpback Whales sighting at the famous Mendenhall Glacier. Alaska also offers one bucket list´s most popular item: see the Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) at the Arctic Circle.
5. Antarctica Continent
The only way you can get to the end of the world is by boat. So, if you plan to visit the southernmost point of the globe, you should take a cruise ship that could take you to know an astonishing variety of snowy landscapes and experiencing unbeatable ice activities such as glacier walks, penguin spotting, overnight camping under the infinite stars, and if you dare, you can cross the challenging Drake Passage or take the polar plunge under freezing waters.
The White Continent is waiting for you and your best camera shootings.
6. The Mediterranean
One of the cruiser enthusiasts’ favorites destinations is the Mediterranean area, because of all kind of reasons like visiting the old continent, knowing a huge amount of historical points, to admire its typical architecture or enjoying its diversity of beaches, but there is one main reason travelers choose this destination: exquisite Mediterranean food! It´s such strong that the cruise companies themselves now include tours focused on culinary tourism to learn how to make a real Neapolitan pizza, taste the best French cheeses or just enjoy an afternoon with Spanish tapas and wines.
7. Australia and New Zealand
To cover every corner on earth with the list, there is just one continent missing, and the kangaroos and koalas won´t let the cruise travelers forget them. Apart from the cutest hairy friends mentioned before, Australia is home to the biggest coral reef in the world, the Great Barrier Reef, full of wonderful aquatic life that you can see by snorkeling the zone. The capital of Australia, Sydney, is the main port for cruise ships but there are other attractive ports to know like Queensland, Newcastle, Brisbane, Melbourne or even Tasmania.
New Zealand is among the best places to go on a cruise not only for getting in touch with the land of The Lord of the Rings, but it is also an awesome country to discover. Here is one of the counted places on Earth that you can get opposite environments with cold surrounded by glaciers and warming beaches on the other side.