Are thinking which could be the next wonderful destination for your vacations? Have you considered a multiple destinations trip? You can experience this and other many advantages by sailing around the globe. So, here are the most enjoyable and amazing cruise travels to help you to decide what your next adventure will be.
But first, let´s take a look at some of the advantages that cruise traveling offers you:
- Great value: with one single fare you get accommodation, food and drinks and a whole world of activities and entertainment for you and your loved ones; just be sure to read all the terms and conditions of the plan you are buying, nobody likes to get less than the expected.
- Multiple destinations: you can get more for your money by visiting, for example, several Caribbean islands by cruise than by choosing a vacation involving separated transportation. Also, you can get to know more places in less time and probably the best part is the savings you can get on some fees, paperwork or even visas.
- Cruise ships are floating cities: you won´t miss anything while sailing in the middle of nowhere, on the ships you have restaurants, pools, bars, stores, spas, casinos, dance halls and even more than you imagine.
- Cruise vacations are easy to plan: if you are an easy-going person and you want to travel without worries, a cruise trip is perfect for you, they have a large list of nice onboard activities and awesome port destinations scheduled so you just need to choose and enjoy.
- There is a cruise ship for every necessity: you can travel with the entire family or you can find the love of your life by getting on a singles cruise.
The best 7 cruise ship destinations around the globe
1. Galapagos Islands
Probably one you didn´t expect, right? Besides everything we have mentioned of cruise trips, this is something totally different, designed for people who loves nature at its pure wildness, because this destination has a huge amount of endemic species which could amaze anyone (Charles Darwin included), from sea lions or tropical penguins to some of the biggest and oldest tortoises on Earth. The Galápagos is an archipelago of volcanic islands located west of the Republic of Ecuador.
2. The Caribbean
After an unusual cruise destination, let’s continue this list with the most popular travel on big boats: the Caribbean islands. The islands´ location makes them a unique paradise with perfect weather, crystal seawater, soft and clear sand, and a special contagious happy mood of the Caribbean people… practically all year long.
The main ports for departures are situated at Florida, USA, and you could choose between the different common tours:
- Eastern Caribbean which can include Antigua, Barbados, St Kitts, Saint Lucia.
- Western Caribbean which can include Cayman Islands, Jamaica, Belize, Mexico.
- Southern Caribbean which can include Aruba, Trinidad & Tobago, Curaçao, Bonaire.
3. Africa and Egypt
This trip has a big range of adventure levels, starting at the northern hemisphere with the historically magnificent Egypt, passing through the interesting Morocco and getting to visit the southern hemisphere and its stunning mix of South African civilization and wild animal encounters.
Imagine traveling through emblematic bodies of water such as the Nile River, the Suez Canal or the Chobe River; visit the Pyramids of Giza, the Sahara Desert, the Casablanca´s Hassan II Mosque or the breathtaking city of Cape Town.
Just by sitting on your cruise seat, you are going to enjoy exceptional natural scene of mountains, glaciers (around 100,000), lakes, beautiful animals and special vegetation. You could relive the gold fever visiting the Alaskan metal mines, some of them working since the fever days until now. And a special activity is the majestic Humpback Whales sighting at the famous Mendenhall Glacier. Alaska also offers one bucket list´s most popular item: see the Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) at the Arctic Circle.
5. Antarctica Continent
The only way you can get to the end of the world is by boat. So, if you plan to visit the southernmost point of the globe, you should take a cruise ship that could take you to know an astonishing variety of snowy landscapes and experiencing unbeatable ice activities such as glacier walks, penguin spotting, overnight camping under the infinite stars, and if you dare, you can cross the challenging Drake Passage or take the polar plunge under freezing waters.
The White Continent is waiting for you and your best camera shootings.
6. The Mediterranean
One of the cruiser enthusiasts’ favorites destinations is the Mediterranean area, because of all kind of reasons like visiting the old continent, knowing a huge amount of historical points, to admire its typical architecture or enjoying its diversity of beaches, but there is one main reason travelers choose this destination: exquisite Mediterranean food! It´s such strong that the cruise companies themselves now include tours focused on culinary tourism to learn how to make a real Neapolitan pizza, taste the best French cheeses or just enjoy an afternoon with Spanish tapas and wines.
7. Australia and New Zealand
To cover every corner on earth with the list, there is just one continent missing, and the kangaroos and koalas won´t let the cruise travelers forget them. Apart from the cutest hairy friends mentioned before, Australia is home to the biggest coral reef in the world, the Great Barrier Reef, full of wonderful aquatic life that you can see by snorkeling the zone. The capital of Australia, Sydney, is the main port for cruise ships but there are other attractive ports to know like Queensland, Newcastle, Brisbane, Melbourne or even Tasmania.
New Zealand is among the best places to go on a cruise not only for getting in touch with the land of The Lord of the Rings, but it is also an awesome country to discover. Here is one of the counted places on Earth that you can get opposite environments with cold surrounded by glaciers and warming beaches on the other side.